This past Sunday was Crime Museum Sunday!
I had a Groupon for tickets to the museum (one of the only ones you have to pay for) and so we decided to check it out.The museum was 3 floors of pretty cool stuff. The exhibits take you through time going from the Middle Ages to the Wild West and on to Al Capone, and the Chicago and Vegas Mobsters. The sections based on Billy the Kid and Bonnie and Clyde seemed somewhat whimsical, however, when we got to the Serial Killer room, things seemed a bit more intense. I don't know if it was because the other rooms had many more interactive features (including a Wild West gun range and tales of the pirate Blackbeard) or if it was because the Serial Killer room just seemed more real and current. While I did expect to see Dexter in there, I was also a little disturbed at how much I knew about the cases. The Lady Killer, Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dahmer. Parts of it even went into Susan Smith, who killed her two sons.
Each of the crimes that were remotely related to "Crimes of Passion" had these stickers on them.
The basement level is the set of America's Most Wanted. John Walsh wasn't there but all of the signs said he often is.Things I have learned at Museum Sunday:
- Jeffrey Dahmer was killed by another inmate.
- 34 states still allow the death penalty.
- Oklahoma allows a firing squad as a form of the Death Sentence.
- Although Usama Bin Laden and James Bulger have been killed and captured, the FBI Ten Most Wanted list has not yet been updated.

No comments:
Post a Comment