Three hours from San Fran is a pretty little mountain town called Truckee. At 5,817 ft above sea level, Truckee is a cute little train stop town. My friend Scott was house sitting there this week and we went to stay for a few days.

Truckee is on Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful places I've seen. We drove around the rim for a while and made some stops at some very cool overlooks.


While we were so close to the border, we decided to go to Nevada. And duh, when in Nevada, you must gamble. We lost $2.00 in the slots and I was done!
The lake was cold and choppy. I touched the water for about 0.2 seconds and confirmed that it was in fact very cold water.
Lake Tahoe is the second deepest lake in the US. Second only to Crater Lake (another beautiful amazing place). It is also the 26th largest lake in the world.
We spent the night in at a very cool house in Truckee. We grilled some dinner and drank beers on the porch. I was very happy to have porch beers in the snow! The winter in Virginia has been one of the warmest ones in history. It was nice to have some snow in Cali over Spring Break.
Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places!



No comments:
Post a Comment