Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jingle All the Way 8K

I did this on Sunday.
In case you were wondering.. 8k = 4.97 miles


I've been doing this "fitness" thing for a while now.. and I guess, its not so bad. Don't quote me on that though!
I've had a personal trainer at my gym since about March. I'm on my 3rd trainer now actually. First, was Kelly, she made it fun... we gossiped about people at the gym and chatted about life. It was like going to get your hair cut. We worked out but I didn't really realize we were working out. Then I left for Europe and when I came back, she had moved and I needed a new trainer. Enter Phil, the ex-military man who had big muscles and wanted to make sure I did, too. He came to each session with a written out plan and pushed me to do more than I thought I could. A few months ago, Phil got a job as a Federal Marshal and left the gym. While I was happy for him and his ambitions to further his career, this again meant...I needed a new trainer. So now we have Arien. He is big on cardio and kicks my ass every time. He especially kicked my ass the day after the Florida v. Florida State game. (Arien is a Seminole fan... this has been a challenge for us... but we're working on it.) He is intense and makes me do crazy shit.. like suicides in the parking garage. But, there is no way I would make myself do this crap on my own, so in my mind... paying them to tell me what to do is kinda worth it.

Next, I've signed up for the lottery to be able to enter the Cherry Blossom Run in April (we'll find out next week if I got in.) We shall see...

No comments: