Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Euro adventure 2015

We just finished the main program for GYLC 2015 in Europe. We had a rockstar team and some very awesome fun times!! 

We started in Vienna, hung out at the Pyramide hotel, went to Sand in the City and of course had a great trip to Grumpelskrichen!!


After Vienna was Prague. While we did have one FA need to visit the hospital for food poisoning... Overall, we made it through with relative ease. It was wicked hot so the masses beggars and pickpockets did not want to hang out for too long on Charles Bridge so we got across swimmingly And the kids were all too hot to get lost and so we were able to reboard in the fastest time I think I have ever experienced. 
Luckily we had Jean ready to Sweep kids with her handy Segway! 


On the way to Berlin we stopped for lunch in Dresden. We went to one of the best ice cream shops I've ever had and then I broke my rule of "no McDonald's" when I saw that they had Minons in the Happy Meal toys! My kids will love it.
Next was Berlin. We were warned of the upcoming heatwave so we had to prepare with extra water for the kids... Enter the stellar Ops team. We stole (I mean, borrowed) a shopping cart and got 250 bottles of water from the grocery store down the street. I could just image the hand we could play in "Ops poker" 'Three Operators arrested in Berlin for petty theft'   We were not caught. In Berlin, We had some student issues which resulted in many sleepless nights and we had to rearrange the entire schedule due to the HEATWAVE! But it worked out well... Zero heat strokes and all sights were still seen. (Even though I did not take any pictures on those days...oops)


I am currently on the bus for our add-on program to Munich which will include a day trip to Salzburg and some time hanging out in the Alps. After the kids leave Scott and I will start our "personal extension" adventures in Albania and Croatia and around. I am looking forward to not having a schedule and name badge hanging around my neck. 

No comments: