Sunday, October 30, 2016

Parent Trip 2016

This past week was Fall Break, a California thing that I really like! My parents came to visit during my week off. They were here as part of their Epic Post Retirement Trip. They started in the Grand Canyon and spent some time with my brother in New Mexico and then they came here.

While they were here we spent the weekend in Yosemite, visited Alcatraz, went to Muir Woods and drove the Pacific Coast.
 

 Yosemite was awesome!  Its pretty much the peak of Autumn there so we got to see some color changes. It was also unusually crowded but still awesome. We spent the day in the valley and then stayed at the lodge and did some more exploring on Sunday morning.




There was some time spent trying to teach me how to skip rocks... I still suck.



On Monday we went to Alcatraz.


I didn't really know what to expect but, to be honest, it was not very high on my list of things I wanted to do in San Francisco. However, being that it is the #1 place to see in all of the travel books and things I figured a good tour guide/hostess would give the people what they want.
 We did the audio tour. It was actually very well done. It was like listening to an audio book complete with sound effects of riots and escape attempts.
I tried to leave him there but they wouldn't let me

 After we got out of prison, we hung out at the Wharf. Dad got to experience In and Out Burger and then Mom and I enjoyed our Chocolate covered ice cream lunch at the Ghirardelli Factory!


Heaven

On Tuesday we took a guided tour to Muir Woods and Sausalito.
 It was a gray and rainy day, but that is great weather for the great Redwoods.


 On the way back the bus driver too us to the Golden Gate Bridge over look. It was a great photo stop.

On Wednesday, I drove them down the coast, on Hwy 1. This is one of my and Ryan's favorite weekend activities. Luckily, it was a beautiful and sunny day. We stopped for lunch in Davenport and enjoyed the scenery. This is by far one of the coolest parts of living here. Within 10 minutes we can be in this beautiful place!




It was a great visit and a good week. I kept them busy and I know they are tired now but it was a good introduction to Northern California and all of the great things to see within such a close proximity.

No comments: