Last weekend I moved back into my parents' house. The plan is to save money and figure out my life while not having a 12 month lease. We'll see how long I can handle not living alone. Thankfully, "my roommates" (as they will hereon be referred) are currently visiting my brother and family in New Mexico which has made the transition a little easier.
Over the past month or so I have been slowing bringing boxes and "stuff" over to their house from my apartment. Last Saturday, some very awesome friends came over to help move the big stuff like my couch and my bed and some of the heavier boxes of dishes and such. In the span of about an hour and a half we had everything out of the apartment, into the truck and unloaded into my new labyrinth.
These pictures are actually tamed A LOT! I have been working all week to get things arranged a bit. The screen helps hide the tower of boxes and I finally found a place for my bed...you can see it up against the wall with the flowered quilt over it. I have put my desk and other pieces of furniture into the garage and my couch has been covered and now joins my parents' couches in the living room. The baby gates are an attempt to keep the cat and dog off of my couch... let's hope it works.
I anticipate that being here will be difficult. I am used to coming home and not having to talk to anyone unless I want to. I am used to putting things in places I want them to be and having things stay there. I am used to cleaning up only after myself. I am used to going out and coming home without regard of others. There will be many things that will be very different. I'm sure they are not too thrilled to have me back as well. The piles of boxes and maze of furniture are more than just an eye sore I'm sure. However, its the dollar signs and non-commitment that will hopefully outweigh the rest.
1 comment:
Dollar signs and non-committment are VERY important! Just remember that going home doesn't last forever. :-)
Post a Comment