Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A day at the DMV

I now officially live here.
Well, in 7-10 days when my license arrives I guess it will be even more official.
I have to go to the doctor today, so I took the whole day off from work and got some other "Life things" done as well. Including going to the DMV and getting my car registered up here as well as my Virginia licensee. I thought I had everything under control... I got my inspection last week at the Scary Citgo. I got my title from FL. I brought my passport, my Internet bill, my car insurance, I filled out my voter registration ahead of time, I wore my contacts and marked the right box, I brought my Florida registration, I had it all. EXCEPT for knowing the EXACT mileage on my odometer!! I got a very stern look from the woman behind the counter as I told her "I guess it is about...." OH NO, no guessing... Therefore, I had to RUN back out to the car and get the exact number. As soon as I returned from my sprint, she then sat me in the chair for my photo.
Her: "Sit there"
Me" "Ok"
Her: "You can smile but you can not show teeth"
Me: "I don't know how to do that"
Her: CLICK
I was quite frazzled... and therefore am a bit frightened to see what that will look like, mid conversation pictures are not usually the best.

Overall though, it was relatively painless and now I officially live here.

I have a feeling it might take me a while to find my car in parking lots now. Good-bye GATOR plate

No comments: