Saturday, March 24, 2012

Museum Saturday

This week began the 100th Annual National Cherry Blossom Festival. This week also seems to have begun, the rainy season. Today was a yucky yucky day. So to combat that, I spent the morning watching The Hunger Games. (I think that might get its very own post in a few days...)
After The Games, I went into the District and 
met my friend Jenny at the Museum of Natural History.

It was fun, we saw fossils, mammals, butterflies, and even the Hope Diamond.  The museum was very crowded today, as one would expect on a rainy day. We stopped in the cafe for some ice cream and chat time to catch up on our lives. 

       Jenny and I have been friends for a very long time. She is currently teaching in FL and visiting DC for Spring Break. We get together about once a year and catch up. We met in the dorms our Freshman year and soon started living parallel lives. We basically were attached at the hip, we had the same classes, the same jobs, the same lives. We had some really great times together, trips to Myrtle Beach, skipping class to go to St. Augustine and random road trips to Orlando. Most of my college memories involve Jenny, she is a great friend to have.

No comments: