This is the first break... ever (I think) that I am not traveling. Instead, my parents have come up here and we are doing Christmas in DC.
So far I have gone hiking in SugarLoaf and then...
My mom, sister and I went with Cailyn to the National Cathedral for carols by candleight. It was more of a Service than we were expecting but it was still pretty cool to be in the Cathedral.
Yesterday, we went shopping and everyone got new iphones. Technology lessons will continue throughout the week.
Then, today, we went to the Botanic Gardens and saw some pretty trees and even some snow!


Tonight, we braved the cold and went to see the Christmas lights at the Meadowlark Botanic Gardens. It was an awesome display of lights.
Even as a ninja, Cailyn enjoyed the lights. With her visual impairments, lights and the contrast of flashing and changing colors is really good for her!
Its been a good break so far. Tomorrow is Christmas, we will do breakfast and presents at my sister's house and then later dinner with mashed potatoes for sure. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!




No comments:
Post a Comment