Monday, March 3, 2014

Dear Winter, Its been nice but really, you can go now.

I used to think I liked Winter. I like wearing my fleece, I like wearing hats, I bought awesome new boots.  And I did like it... It started out so pretty.



The first few snow days were fun. Pretty white snow, fun days of sitting around in my pj's. All well and good...
We even had pretty icicles and frozen flakes on the trees

There were even a few days of sunshine and warm-ish temperatures. We needed to take advantage of the sunlight.






But then it started again... in the middle of February we got one of the biggest ones. It started early enough that they called us off from work early in the evening.. giving us plenty of time to go to the bar for the the night. Hot cider and good times.


It was a big load. I learned that day... what happens to all of the snow that lands on the streets in Arlington....They scoop it all up and bring it to the park across the street from my house. All day truck after truck came and dumped and dumped and dumped. We had a huge mountain (ok maybe it was more like a hill)... sadly though, it was gross yucky street scraped snow.... not fun for climbing and not pretty to look at.


And it is happening again today.

(this was taken March 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM...)

Like I said, its been fun but, woah. I'm ready for flip flops and sunlight. Being off from school is fun. I have reorganized my closet (twice). I have almost finished watching Dexter and Breaking Bad. However, if we have many more we will be going to school into July.... not cool...not cool.
So yeah, Winter, its been great but really... you can go now.  Thanks.


No comments: