By around noon we made it to the next archaeological site, Phuyupatamarca.
Here our guide, Juan Carlos, told us about messengers of Inca time who would run the trail from one site to the next in a relay type fashion to deliver messages from the Inca King. Now a days they continue this tradition by having a competition where people (like our Porters) run the trail. The fastest time, 3 hours and 45 minutes!!! What was taking us 4 days of pain, close to 26 miles (a freaking mountainous marathon) is possible to be done in 3 hours and 45 minutes...WOW! Many jaws dropped with that statement.
After that site we continued down to where lunch would be served that day.(I have video but it is being a pain so I think I will publish the video, later)
After lunch we continued on back into "De
After the cave it was back UP again. We had some more very cool views and some more very steep climbs. 
No comments:
Post a Comment