You could say I am a bit of Dave Matthews Band fan. Last night was the Tampa concert and (I think) the 18th time I have seen them live. My brother took me to my first Dave show in 1998 and my friends and I have been going ever since. We have traveled to Atlanta and West Palm Beach as well as DC to see them. We enjoy the trips as much as the shows. My ultimate concert wish is to see them at Red Rocks in Colorado! Every show we have a ritual in which, before the show, each person must state the #1 song they MUST HEAR that night... mine is always Crush. If they play your song during the show you win! (really you only win the satisfaction of hearing your song played but its still fun!) Guess what, last night, I WON! So did Katie and Jessi as they played Funny the Way it is and Crash Into Me.
This was the first show in recent memory that we did not get rained on. It seems like every year we have gone it has poured! As much fun as it is to lose your flip flops in the mud and gunk and watch people slip-and-slide down the hill, it was nice to be dry for once.
Last night was a great show and, I'm sure, not the last one I will see. As long as Dave keeps touring...I will be there to "Celebrate, we will, for life is short but sweet for certain!"
No comments:
Post a Comment