Sunday, August 8, 2010

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

As summer comes to a close and a new school year begins, I sit with a heavy heart looking into the future of this coming year. Many clothing stores and even the Shredded Mini Wheats commercials are treating this time of year as we would January 1st claiming HAPPY NEW YEAR! Although I am not happy about the end of summer and travel time and freedom I have decided to make a "New Years Resolution."

That resolution is this: This year, instead of being caught up in the bull shit and stress which often occurs throughout the school year, I will simply step back and ask myself, WWCTD? (What would Coach Taylor do?)

Coach Taylor would take a crummy situation and make the best of it. He would take a broken team and a paralyzed QB1 and make it to State. Coach Taylor would take the small mindedness and prejudices of a small town and turn it into a family. Coach Taylor would make a career from being an inspiration to others. Coach Taylor would look this upcoming school year in the eye and say "BRING IT ON." And then, Coach Taylor would say "Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!"

1 comment:

Katie said...

It can never hurt to model a situation after what Coach Taylor would do. :-) He's pretty awesome!!