Sunday, October 9, 2011

DC has been good to me...musically

Since moving to the DC area I have seen several shows. My roommate and I have been frequent customers of the 9:30 Club and Iota, where we have seen Tristan Prettyman, Matt Nathanson, and Ben Harper.
We saw Tristan on my birthday! She was awesome and took a picture with me after the show.
Matt Nathanson was at the 9:30 Club and we had what we thought were great stops to stand...
Then we went to Ben.....FRONT ROW!!!
Ben was a happy surprise. Way back when I lived in FL, I knew Ben Harper was coming to DC in Oct. and I wanted to go. However, I didn't have a job up here or live here yet so I didn't buy tickets. Of course, by the time I did live up here... the show was SOLD OUT :(
But then, magic happened! My awesome friend Corey, sent me an email one night and said... "Hey I have two extra tickets to Ben Harper, do you want to come?" to which I said YES! So my roommate and I met up with her in the afternoon, got the tickets and went to the show!
We wiggled our way up to the front during the opening girl and planted ourselves firmly. It was an amazing show! He did some great songs: Glory and Consequence, Excuse me Mr., Walk Away, and Diamonds on the Inside. It was well worth the very sleepy day at school the next day!
Up next: Foo Fighters on 11/11/11

No comments: