I have officially lived in the DC area for a little over a month now. In that time I have survived an earthquake, a hurricane, massive floods and turning 30! To close out my BirthMonth and celebrate a friends' birthday, we ventured over to 1/2 street, by the Nationals' stadium Friday night and enjoyed some TRUCKEROO.
Truckeroo is a mostly monthly event where all of the Food Trucks from the DC area converge in one location for about 12 hours and open up shop. There was a plethora of trucks with a massive variety of foods. It was fantastic! It was like tailgating, without the game.
My favorite trucks were of course the macaroni and cheese truck and the grilled cheese sandwich trucks!
There were also cupcake trucks and meat on a stick trucks. The lobster roll truck did not have a very big line however the Korean BBQ truck had a line longer than I have ever seen at Disney World. Brilliant people waiting in that line, brought their own camp chairs and were moving them along as the line inched up.It was a very fun event that I am sure we will attend again. I highly recommend Truckeroo!
No comments:
Post a Comment