Monday, October 31, 2011

My 1st SNOW!

I certainly HAVE been in snow before. I have snowshoed. I have made snowmen. I have skied (not well..but still) and I have driven a dog sled in the snow. What I have NOT done, EVER in my life, is drive a car in the snow! This past weekend, it became VERY clear that I will have to do that task, much sooner than I thought.
When we found out that snow was in for forecast for OCTOBER 29th, I thought about how I should prepare for this.
Being as my only reference is hurricane preparedness I went with that.
Water: check
Flashlight: check
Beer: check
I was ready to go!
So I went to sleep Friday night and woke up stupid early Saturday morning expecting to see a Winter Wonderland... instead, i peaked out of my window and this is what I got:
Nada!
By 2:00 it finally started with flakes!
Still not very pretty.
Then by about 4:30 or 5:00 it started to stick.
My Florida car has NEVER had this white stuff on it before. I guess snowing in OCTOBER is a sign of more SURE to come. I better buy more socks!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Definitely more socks! And gloves... and those ear warmer things, those seem warm... and the packs you break and they turn warm.... hmmm... that's what I would do (says the Florida girl that has NEVER lived in snow).

Oh... and you can make the Paula Dean dessert where you sweeten snow... just make sure it's white... and pretty snow. :-)