Friday, January 18, 2013

1K

I've done an 8K, I did a 5K, I did the Tough Mudder but nothing could prepare me for the athleticism needed for this past weekend's event...


 11 stations of at least 6 wines throughout a 6 block radius of the Crystal City Mall...woah!

It was kind of AMAZING! They give you a glass and 20 tickets when you check in. With those tickets, you get 20 pours, if you choose to get a "double pour" of a extra awesome wine, you give them two tickets. It's that easy!



The pourers are all volunteers who may or may not know anything about their wines. Some have note cards to tell you about the bouquets or the tannins. However, if you go up to the same girl 4 times in a row for a "double pour"... she may just tell you to take a picture so you can buy your own.
This stuff is GOOD! (sorry it's blurry)

We had a great team. Jackie and Phil have done this for the past 3 years and gathered a good group of friends, who by the end, became an AWESOME group of friends.

It was rough, but somehow.....we FINISHED!!


After the finish line, they tell you go to the 12th floor of the building... 
The 12th floor is a hollowed out office space with a DJ and at least 12 more stations of wines. Jackie decided to join in the "Cupid Shuffle" or "Superman" or who knows what dance it was. (Note her husband, Phil giggling and walking away in the right part of the photo...LOVE)


It really was a cool event and I hope to do it again next year.  Next week, is the 1K Beer Walk... I am presently recruiting team members. Who's in???  

No comments: