Last weekend was President Obama's 2nd Inauguration and the first for me living here. Having "attended" the 1st Obama Inauguration with more than 15,000 students, hours upon hours at the Dulles Airport, no water at our hotel and endless Dinner Cruises, I decided to take this one off and just enjoy it for me. I am really glad I did.
We started the weekend randomly deciding to go to the "Fitness Ball." A hoytie toytie gym in the District was having a "Ball" to honor Michelle Obama's efforts to get the nation active. It was cheap and seemed like it had potential to be fun. We could wear our sweatpants and gym clothes, they had booze and entertainment. It sure was entertaining... after a "Fashion Show" by the Lululemon models and an inspirational speech from "Famous Recording Artist, Mya", their fitness guru, "L'Roy," lead the crowd in what can only be described as "Jazzer-Zumba." It was quite funny...we laughed a lot as we LEFT early and went to the normal bar around the corner.
![]() |
| Get it..."Fitness Ball" |
On Sunday we celebrated KC's birthday with Brunch and a Brewery Tour. It was a fun little field trip to the Corcoran Brewery about an hour away with good friends and good beers.
Everyone out for Kristin's birthday had spent the last Inauguration working for PYIC in some form or another... most of them IN CHARGE of the insanity which we have all suppressed as much as possible. This outing with no kids and no responsibilities was a good form of therapy for the PTSD many of us are still suffer from a little.
| My favorite comment to this photo was from Joe Drake who asked: "If you are all there, who is watching the luggage room?" |
Knowing things would be NUTS on Monday, I planned to sleep in the District to avoid any transportation issues for getting to the Capitol in the morning. After sleeping in and putting on several layers of clothes, Jen Kelly and I strolled down to The Mall with coffee in hand.
We made it down there in time to do some sight seeing while ALL of the other people were at the other end of The Mall. We made the brilliant decision to pee at the Lincoln Memorial (indoors)...literally RIGHT as we were walking out...they closed the bathrooms to the public. It was PERFECT timing!
We didn't really care about getting super close... the main goal was to be there and NOT be smushed an annoyed. Mission Accomplished. We had a pleasant spot with lots of space. We hung out and listened to everything. When we were cold enough...we started walking back home. I hoped on the Metro with 7 other people just minutes before EVERYONE else started to leave. Again, it was perfect timing. I was home and toasty within 20 minutes and overall had an awesome Inauguration weekend.
![]() |
| My favorite man on The Mall...OBAMA BEAR. I'm not sure if you can see but he is dressed like a CareBear, complete with the heart on his butt. He was AWESOME! |








No comments:
Post a Comment