Monday, March 4, 2013

"It's not you, it's me."

So, I have been VERY angry for the past few days... to quote myself in an email I sent "Today: I hate all people." And I have hated everyone... and everything.

It didn't really make sense because, while things at work are stressful....things at work are always stressful. While some people have done or said dumb things... people always say and do dumb things.
Finally, after reading my Sister-in-law's blog about her Experiment...It finally dawned on me and I realized "It's not you, it's me." I figured out why I have been particularly Hulk-ish of late....
I have not had carbs in 15 days


My gym is having a "Biggest Loser"-type thing from Feb-May and I'm doing it. My trainer explained it to me like this "If you win, its $5,000...and if you don't, you get skinny. So its pretty much a win/win." However, as part of the win/win... I've been working my ass off AND I have not only given up pasta (for Lent) but also all carbs. So that means no bread, no rice, no bagels, no pizza....and no beer!  It is now obvious to me why I have been so grumpy lately.
The plan is to phase them back in next month...and I already know I'm going to have to cheat on St. Patrick's Day (duh!) but I figure one day can't be too bad.
Wish me luck!





No comments: