Friday, June 3, 2016

Job searching updates (part 1)

I wrote this on the plane ride out to SF Wednesday night: 

As you may know I am moving to San Francisco in less than 30 days. I have the car booked.  I have my stuff packed.  I have an awesome road trip playlist made.
What I do not have yet is a job locked down yet. But yet is the main word there. 

Since February I have been applying to every job I think I could possibly want to have in any area in and around the Bay area. Applications left and right and all around. 

Well that plan has taken a while to show its fruits but call backs are finally happening.  Actually they are happening left and right and all around.  In the past few weeks I have had 6 phone/Skype interviews with 6 different schools for 6 different varieties of teaching Pre-k Special Ed.  4 of those have turned into face to face interviews that are all set up for Thursday and Friday of this week. As of Wednesday night,  2 of which have already decided they want to pass my info on to HR so they can make me an offer. 

I am sure that one of these will result in me picking the job that most greatly fits what I am looking for. 
It is a pretty cool feeling to be able to take my pick.  

Stay tuned for an update later this weekend.  I hope to have something locked in soon so we can start looking for a place to live (that's step 2)
Stay tuned...

No comments: