When I was preparing for the move to San Francisco I started thinking about how to prepare myself for leaving DC. I started making a bucket list of the things I still wanted to do. But that really just made me realize ALL of the things I HAD already done in my 5 years in DC. And that made me pretty happy.
And so, I decided to create a Reverse Bucketlist
Since moving to DC I have done, accomplished and been part of many awesome things. Here are just a few of them (in no particular order) ...
One of the most important things I was able to do during my time in DC was to be present for the birth of this little nugget and to hang out with my nieces throughout birthdays and other events over the years.
I explored, camped, hiked and kayaked in some of the most beautiful places in the North East.
| Canoe Camp! |
Harper's Ferry
|
![]() |
| Scott's Run |
I went to several Nats games, where the actual seat number on your ticket means nothing and the food and drink selection are on point!
I attended countless concerts and music festivals in amazing venues with some of my best friends!

I was lucky enough to live close to one of my oldest and dearest friends. She and her family welcomed me into theirs and I was even lucky enough to be actually present for the birth of Teddy!
I was able to be present for several parties and gatherings with great friends. Celebrating holidays, birthdays and special occasions!
I lived about 3 hours away from one of my best friends in the whole wide world! We took the train and buses to see each other several times over the years and we were able to be close enough to be involved in big life events and celebrations!
I spent many Holiday Seasons with coffee cups of Bailey's doing some of my favorite things. Seeing the White House tree, the Capitol Tree, Zoo Lights and more!
I took my classes on field trips to and hung out at all of the monuments on many occasions! It was always a great feeling to be driving home from work and see these super famous sites as you cross the bridge and realize "Hey, I live here!"
| Obama's second inaguration! |
I discovered Fitness. This included joining my gym, training with multiple great trainers, running and crazily entering the Tough Mudder.
| We even attended the Fitness Ball during the Inigautartion. |
I worked with some fantastic teachers and made some really great lifelong friends.
I had amazing people come visit me throughout the years! We had fun tourist-ing and eating...a lot of eating.

I survived the Blizzard and perfected the "Snow Day Selfie"
I drank all of the beers in all of the land!(aka: I went to many of the area breweries and enjoyed them very much!)

And, I met the man I am going to share the rest of my life and all of the rest of my adventures with!
Thank you DC, you gave me many great friends and a lifetime of great memories! I am sure I will be back to visit soon.
































No comments:
Post a Comment